So I bought this fun little game called Viva Pinata, but after playing it for about an hour I realized I was unable to save the game! It says something about pressing the home key to load your gamer profile, but the home key does nothing.
Pretty annoying considering all the lame tutorial stuff you need to endure at the beginning of the game. After a bit of googling, I found that it was because Viva Pinata was not able to create a gamer profile, and it seems it might be limited to Windows 7. Anyway, here are the steps I followed to correct the issue:
Saving your game in Viva Pinata – steps for fixing
- Click the Start Button.
- Select All Programs then select Accessories.
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- The Command Prompt window will appear.
- Type the following, and press Enter: net stop cryptsvc
- Click the Start Button
- In the textbox titled “Search programs and files”, type the following and press enter: %systemroot%/inf
- Select all files starting with “OEM” and drag these onto your desktop (or into any other folder on your desktop. Really we just want to move these out of the Windows folder)
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following and press enter: net start cryptsvc
- Restart your computer.
- Now, when you start Viva Pinata, it will ask you to log into Windows Live.
- You can now save your game.
Please leave a comment below, or contact me if these instructions worked for you!